Monday, June 18, 2007

Ask and you shall receive

Last night for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long no one in the Huckabey house woke up before 4:30 am. Not Texas. Not Curren. And not ME. Woo hoo!! It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for your sanity.

We had our little Curren baptized yesterday. It was the perfect way to celebrate Father's Day. He wore the same baptism outfit his daddy wore 37 years ago and looked like a little angel. As the minister walked him up and down the aisle and the congregation sang "Jesus Loves Me" I swear there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Silly me, I was all choked up before we even left the house.

In unrelated news, Texas pooped out a penny this morning. Apparently it runs in the family; my mom said I ate one when I was a kid, too. I just hope there's nothing else in his belly that we don't know about.

No comments: